- Claritin-D or Sudafed during the day for 5 days (longer if needed)
- Benadryl at night for 5 days (longer if needed)
- Icing will help for the first 48 hours- the first 24 hours is the most important (10 minutes on/10 minutes off)
- No bending over or bending down- keep head upright
- No heavy lifting, especially picking up things off the ground
- No exercising (to prevent elevating blood pressure)
- Sleep as upright as possible (use 4-5 pillows or sleep in a recliner with a pillow) for several days to a week or more.
- No blowing nose, dabbing only- until your next follow up appointment
- You may get a bloody nose which is normal. If it persists, please call the office.
- Try not to sneeze. If sneezing occurs, sneeze normally, do not try to hold it in (making a squeaking noise)
- No sucking or drinking through a straw
- Your stitches may not be dissolvable. Please do not pull on them.
- You may need to stop your C-Pap machine as directed.
***Note: You may want to make a list of medications and times to take to keep track- you wil be taking multiple different medications.
PROBLEMS, QUESTIONS, OR CONCERNS:
During regular business hours, you can call the office at:
Placerville: (530) 626-6320
El Dorado Hills: (916) 941-0604
Citrus Heights: (916) 965-1200
AFTER hours: Please contact Dr. State at (415) 577-0618 or Dr. Pham at (909) 533-8888